Hello again flavor’s lovers 🙂 Today we want to present you a sweet recipe: how to make Plum Cake with cannabis flavor.
We’ve convinced our beloved Chef Pier from Wake & Bakery Barcelona to share his secrets with us!
This variety has been chosen for being one of the most appreciated by consumers and for its contribution of aroma and mildly sweet flavor with hints of citrus and nuts.
If you prefer, you can use another strain, the one you like best, we have 47 varieties of food grade terpenes to choose from!
How to make Plum Cake with cannabis flavor, by Wake and Bakery and Cali Terpenes:
Ingredients for the cake (1,5kg total):
- 250gr of butter
- 300gr of sugar
- 5 eggs
- 500gr of flour 00
- 15gr of baking powder
- 225gr of milk
- 4gr of salt
Ingredients for the cream (1,2lt tot)
- 700 gr of milk
- 200 gr of sugar
- 9 (200 gr) egg yolks
- 150 gr of flour
- 1/2 vanilla berry
- 100 gr of butter
- 3 lime skins
- 3/4 drops of Jamaican Dream Terpenes by Cali Terpenes
- Put sugar and eggs in the mixer and work at medium speed until the sugar completely melts (if you don’t have a mixer, you will’ve to do it without).
- Sift yeast flour and salt into a wide bowl.
- Add to the eggs and sugar the butter previously heated.
- Stop the machine and change to “pot”, only at this time we can gradually add flour and milk paying attention that no lumps are formed.
- Let the ingredients finish to structured and put the dough in the mold (you can use the shape you prefer, but we recommend one taller than wide)
Cooking time: 25-30min at 170ºC.
Preparation of the cream:
*Important: if you can, infuse the milk for 24 hours, you will get a perfect result.
- In a pot, infuse the milk with the vanilla and the lime skins over medium heat and for at least 40 minutes.
- In a bowl combine sugar and eggs, work them with a mixer until the sugar is melted.
- Sift the flour and add it little by little to the egg and sugar mixture.
- As soon as you have the milk ready, remove the skin from the file and the vanilla from the pot.
- Gradually add the milk to the eggs (stirring it with the mixer) so that the temperature rises
- Put everything back in the pot and stir continuously, until reaching a temperature of 80-85C and leave to cook without stopping stirring for 20-25 minutes.
When the cream will begin to thicken, it means that is almost ready.We recommend that you don’t go over 90-95C, because the cream could be cut and you would have to start from the beginning.
- Let the cream cool down and only at this time you can add the terpenes of Jamaican Dream by Cali Terpenes.
- Now that you have the cake and the cream ready you can assemble up the cake.
- We recommend to make 3 biscuit floors and 2 cream floors.
- Cover up everything with white sugar and enjoy!
We hope that you liked it, let’s share the photos of your “special” Plumcake with us!
For any question leave a comment o write us.
See you the next!