Welcome back to all cannabis, CBD and sport lovers! In recent years, CBD (Cannabidiol) has become very popular.
From the cannabis enthusiasts to the people who have never thought about using this plant for any reason. In most cases these reasons are the psychoactivity that “traditional cannabis” offers and the stigma associated with it.
We personally believe that CBD, like cannabis terpenes profiles, has somehow made people more interested to the cannabis world and become aware of its benefits.
The stereotype of the “stoner” on the sofa is actually confirmed as a stereotype. Today it is not uncommon to find famous athletes such as testimonials of CBD products (also THC), or vice versa, CBD or cannabis companies that sponsored sporting events or competitions.
But what does sport have to do with cannabis?
Cannabis and health. CBD and sports.
CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, although there are some controversies about the fact that it doesn’t affect the mental state (without any referring to the mental problems, on the contrary).
Cannabidiol activates the endocannabinoid receptors (CB1) in the brain the same that also THC can activate, but it is 100% sure that CBD will not make you “high”. CBD, by activating the receptors of the endocannabinoid system, can help the body. It stimulates the natural response to pain, inflammation, anxiety, some pathologies, etc.
Several studies have confirmed what many athletes declare true: the analgesic action of CBD helps after training or. In other cases, taking CBD before a competition promotes rest and concentration.
Is CBD considered doping?
NO, CBD is not doping. The World Anti-Doping Agency has removed CBD from the list of the banned substances in and out of competitions. By contrast, THC is still banned, so athletes who want to use CBD products will have to make sure to always use products that do not contain traces of THC.
Famous athletes who use CBD:
More and more athletes use CBD, but some of the most famous and / or those who have promoted its use the most are:
- Mike Tyson: A fan of CBD, actively promotes this cannabinoid and its benefits in training and during competition. The ex boxing champion has recently created some companies in California such as “Cannabis Resorts” or “Tyson Ranch” dedicated to people who want to grow or smoke cannabis.
- Nate Diaz: champion of MMA and other fighting sports, in which CBD is very popular. We have seen Nate Diaz vaping CBD after the match against Connor Mc Gregor at UFC 202. In front of the press, his face still covered in blood, the fighter was looking for some relief with a few puffs. Nate Diaz affirms that CBD is for him an ally against inflammations and also that it helps him in the process of healing wounds or injuries.
- Usain Bolt: He is one of the best sprinters of all time. This Jamaican athlete won 8 Olympic and 11 World medals and is the only athlete who has so far managed to win the gold medal in the 100m and 200m in three consecutive editions of the Olympics. Bolt has openly admitted that when he was young he occasionally used marijuana and that it helped him in intense workouts and in maintaining his mental and physical health.
- Jay Williams: is an ex NBA star who bets on the benefits of CBD and maintains its usefulness in sports. Jay has been using CBD oil and admits to having noticed multiple benefits, such as inflammation relief or decreased anxiety before an important match.
- Jake Plummer: is an ex NFL (National Football League) football player. He started using CBD to improve joint and cartilage functions, after undergoing major hip surgeries. Jake Plummer became an advocate for CBD researches and is also co-founder of “Athletes for Care,” a leading no-profit organization that focuses on Cannabidiol treatments for athletes, among other options.
It is possible that you have also had good experiences with CBD or Cannabis and sport, if so, please leave your comment in this post, thousands of users and undecided will thank you.
Cali Terpenes Conclusion:
CBD is a great ally for athletes and for many other people, since it allows you to enjoy any activity without “going high” and even feeling better. There are many ways to consume CBD, you can see some examples in our post “What is CBD?”.
Here we show you the story of DJ Rambla, a famous DJ well known for his “dubplates” (versions of personalized songs along with the authors of the original song) of legendary Reggae, Raggamuffin or Dub singers such as Johnny Osbourne, Skarra Mucci or Charlie P.
DJ Rambla is passionate about cannabis, of all those aromas, flavors and benefits that this magnificent plant brings, but he’s also a lover of sports and playing music while still enjoying all this.
In addition, each terpenes profile (cannabis aroma) that our e-liquid contains, acts in synergy with the CBD or other cannabinoids in different ways, so you can find some strains to relax you more (like Holy Grail Kush CBD) or a more stimulating one (like Super Lemon Haze CBD).
With this post, we have introduced the topic of sports and CBD, we would very much like to know your experience and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment!
Until next time!