We’re back with another delicious cocktail recipe with Cali Terpenes! This time, we have a tutorial video thanks to our friends at socialweed.co (@socialweed.co), their amazing cocktail artists Filippo Samoes (f_samoes) and their amazing filmmaker Marcel (@marcelfavery).
Today, we’re going to show you how to create a spectacular recipe in all senses of the word, which has received the name “High Native Level”.
The terpene profile used gives this peculiar recipe a complex floral aroma; enjoy this exotic, explosive combination of flavors and aromas!
Cannabis Flavored Cocktails: High Native Level by Socialweed.co and Cali Terpenes
Let’s have a look at the necessary ingredients for making this recipe at home. In order to prepare this cocktail you’ll need to make a soda, sugar syrup, beetroot foam, a spectacular topping, and then combine them; an explosion of flavors like you’ve never tasted.
These are the ingredients you’ll need for each step.
For the soda
- 500 g water
- 10 g citronella
- 5 g kaffir lime leaves
For the kombucha foam
- 200 g kombucha beet
- 100 g lemon juice
- 50 g sugar syrup
- 150 g egg white
For the syrup
- 10ml sugar syrup
- 1 g ginger essential oil (or crushed and sieved root)
- 250 g sugar
- 250 g water
- High Level terpenes (food grade High Level aroma, although the special beverage version has a higher solubility).
For the topping (optional)
- 20 g flour
- 60 g oil
- 160 ml water
- 5 g active carbon
- 1 pinch of salt
A siphon (for making the beet foam)
Enjoy this fantastic recipe video.
Glassware: Half glass (Pilsner style)
High Native Level Terpene Cocktail, Step by Step
You can prepare the drink beforehand as it will stay good for up to 15 days when bottled. Next, you’ll need to make your aromatized sugar syrup and finally, the cocktail.
Making the soda
- Pour the water, citronella and kaffir lime into an airtight pot.
- Put it in the fridge for 24 – 48h hours.
- After making the infusion, use the siphon to introduce two charges of CO2 to carbonate it.
Making the syrup
- Heat water in a pan, add the sugar and stir well.
- While it’s cooling down, add the ginger.
- Pour 10ml of sugar syrup into a beaker.
- Add 3 drops of terpenes.
Preparing the cocktail
- Place ice in your glass.
- Pour the sugar syrup with terpenes over the ice.
- Add the soda, leaving a fifth of the glass empty to add your beet foam.
- Stir with a straw.
- Add the beet foam (find out how to make it in the next step).
Preparing the beet foam
- Place the ingredients in your siphon and shake well to mix.
- Add two charges of foam and shake well; lasts up to five days in the fridge.
Preparing the topping (optional)
- Pour your flour, active carbon, oil, water and salt into a container and grind it together.
- Heat a pan and pour the mixture in.
- Wait until the water evaporates hand little holes appear in the mixture.
- Remove from the pan and place on kitchen paper.
The idea behind the cocktail High Native Level is to create a truly unique beverage in that has an equally as unique appearance, aroma and flavor. A delight for the senses!
This recipe has a clear, complex combination of bittersweet flavors; fresh, sour, sweet, spicy and floral. With each sip of this drink you’ll be able to appreciate different hints and tones; it never stops surprising!
Main terpenes in High Level:
So, what did you think of this recipe? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll answer any questions or doubts.
Until next time!