Our monthly recipe is here, learn to cook with terpenes! This time, Chef420grados has prepared a surprising stuffed, crispy mussels using terpenes, which we’ve named Terpy Crunchy Mussels.
In order to make this recipe, food-grade Black Dream terpenes were used. Why this strain? Chef420Grados came up with this additional complex, fruity and spicy aroma which marries perfectly with the original recipe. However, we’re sure that other terpene profiles such as Jamaican Dream could also go well with this dish.
Why was this strain chosen? Chef420Grados wanted to add deep, fruity and flowery hints to this delicious recipe with a surprising burst of flavour.
There are many different recipes and finishes when it comes to making stuffed mussels. This recipe will astound anyone that tries it.
Pay attention to our tutorial video and learn how to make this spectacular dish.
Cook with Cannabis Flavours: Terpy Crunchy Mussels
Find out how to make the best crunchy mussels with this step by step guide.
In order to make this recipe, you’ll need to make the mussel filling and fry the results.
- 300g mussels (meat)
- 100g onion
- 100g leeks
- 1 chilli pepper
- 100g green pepper
- 1L milk
- 270g + 100g flour
- Bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- Cali Terpenes
Terpy Crunchy Mussels by Chef420Grados and Cali Terpenes: Step by Step
In order to make this recipe you just have to follow a few simple steps:
- Heat some water in a pot for vapour and place your mussels in until they open. Take the pot off the fire and keep the shells separate; chop the mussel meat.
- Chop the onion, green pepper, leek and chilli. Heat some oil at medium heat in your pan, add the ingredients in the same order they were chopped with a couple of pinches of salt. Once they start getting some colour, remove and keep with the mussel meat.
- Melt a little bit of butter and mix it with two drops of Black Dream.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a casserole pan, making sure to bring it almost to boiling point. Add the flour and mix while cooking until you’ve made a *roux*.
- Add the vegetables and mussels. While still mixing, add in the milk slowly, and keep mixing until the entire mixture thickens. Add a touch of salt and let cool.
- Fill the mussel shells using the cooled down mixture.
- Prep for frying in these three steps: flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Fry, remove the leftover oil using kitchen paper, and serve.
*A roux is a mixture between flour and fat, used as a base to thicken up some dishes.
What do you think? This recipe really is quite incredible; try it and share it with your friends!
Until next time!