Once you’ve taken to the habit of smoking, quitting smoking really isn’t easy, but it’s also not impossible. We’ve noticed that many consumers use nicotine in different formats, but does this work? Does it make sense?
We’re certain that you DON’T need nicotine to quit smoking. Let’s have a look at why and how to stop smoking, what happens when you try to do it, as well as more efficient and healthier alternatives.
You DON’T Need Nicotine to Quit Smoking: Discover the Power of CBD and Terpenes as an Alternative
You may have tried to stop smoking already, with or without success. Today, we’re going to talk about how the mind and body works regarding tobacco; understanding this can help you to stop smoking easier.
Why is it a Good Idea to Quit Smoking?
This is a question that practically answers itself. Nowadays we know that tobacco kills millions of people a year around the world, and it’s related to over 25 illnesses, and is the cause of 85% of cases of lung cancer.
The question is, how do you quit smoking? This is where it gets complicated, as we all know that addiction is sometimes extremely hard to get over.
Fortunately, over the last few years society is changing, and while tobacco consumption is going down, there are more and more consumers discovering the benefits of cannabis while more studies are bringing forward its therapeutic properties.
It’s ironic to think that a few decades ago the war on drugs was declared, which placed cannabis on a list of highly addictive substances which, when consumed, provoked horrible health effects, whereas tobacco smoking was quite normal and accepted in society.
Luckily, things are changing, and science has shown that, although cannabis isn’t an innocuous substance, it contains many compounds such as terpenes and cannabinoids that have proven to be quite the tool in the world of medicine.
What Happens to your Body when you Stop Smoking?
According to numerous scientific studies, smoking can reduce your life expectancy by 10 years, which is why many people tend to consider quitting this horrible habit. If that’s your case, you might want to know what’ll be happening in your body once you take this step:
- 1 day without smoking: the amount of oxygen in your blood rises as the amount of carbon monoxide lowers in the lungs. You’ll be able to notice an increased sense of smell and taste. Although, it’s not all good news; the first 24 hours can come with massive withdrawal symptoms. Don’t lose hope though, you’re getting rid of nicotine from your body and other addictive substances; withdrawal is normal. Try to substitute your old habit with a new healthier one that will help with these symptoms; for example, running, taking dance classes, or using the sauna at the gym.
- 3 days without smoking: nicotine will begin leaving your system after 3 – 4 days, so you’re almost done with one of the hardest parts! You’ll start to realise that it isn’t actually that hard and that you can do it!
- 2 weeks without smoking: you’ll have gotten rid of nicotine from your system entirely now, and your brain will start “forgetting” the habit. According to neuroscience, it takes 21 days to create new neuron patterns to establish a habit, so you’re very close to getting used to not smoking, becoming easier every time. Addiction in reality is also a mental illness, therefore keep in mind that nicotine, which causes physical addiction, will be completely gone at this stage, so all that’s left to do is teach your brain to forget certain rituals associated with smoking (drinking coffee, alcoholic drinks, smoking after lunch etc. You’ll also notice healthier, cleaner skin, and maybe even better body odour – remember, when smoking you’re consuming many toxins.
- Around 3 months after smoking, you’ll notice that your breathing is better, you’re coughing less and less tired. This is because your lung functions are coming back again. You may put on some weight, as quitting smoking can cause anxiety and increase eating, as well as the fact that nicotine can actually help to burn fat. Putting on a bit of weigh is normal during this stage; your body will naturally adjust and get used to it. Plus, with your increased lung capacity you can balance it out by adding more exercise to your routine.
- After a year: by now, the risk of tobacco-related heart disease will have reduced by 50%. You’ll be so used to not consuming cannabis that you’ll think it absurd to do it again. However, every now and then you might get the urge, but it will be much easier to control and say no to and remove from your daily routine.
How to Stop Smoking – Nicotine’s Role
The first step tends to be the hardest, which is why many people tend to opt for methods such as vaping for quitting smoking, which significantly reduces health risks compared to smoking tobacco.
However, as we were saying earlier, nicotine plays quite an important part in physical addiction to tobacco, which is why we don’t recommend using e-liquids that contain the substance, as you’ll only be extending the addiction.
E-Liquids to Quit Smoking
As we were saying previously, vaping is around 95% healthier than smoking, which is why it’s one of the best alternatives to reduce consumption or completely stop smoking. These products aren’t completely harmless, but they’re a lot less risky than tobacco.
Due to our experience as e-liquid and cannabis aroma manufacturers, we wanted to create our e-liquids for e-cigarettes and make them as efficient and healthy as possible in the fight against tobacco addiction. Cali Terpenes e-liquids do NOT contain nicotine, and were created in collaboration with the doctor Mariano García de Palau, an expert in the field.
We wanted to create the highest quality e-liquids on the market in order to reduce risks from vaping as much as possible, offering consumers a healthy option. This is why our vaping liquids don’t contain toxic substances such as Vitamin E Acetate, and its base is made up of pharmaceutical grade Propylene glycol and Vegetable Glycerine (PG and VG) I a 90/10 proportion (the lowest in glycierine in the market, as one of the risks associated with vaping comes from an excess of this substance).
Molecules Found in Cannabis for Quiting Smoking
During the first two or three weeks, it’s quite normal to suffer from withdrawal symptoms, which causes irritability and anxiety. Using calming properties found in some cannabis compounds can be a great way to overcome that hill.
CBD for Getting Rid of Tobacco
CBD is a cannabinoid present in the composition of cannabis that doesn’t produce psychoactive effects, although it does have many therapeutic properties, among which the most useful for this purpose are its anxiolytic properties, which have been tried and tested in many different studies.
This cannabinoid, therefore, is useful when it comes to alleviating symptoms of stress and anxiety which quitting smoking can have. This is why CBD e-liquids are one of the best ways to consume this cannabinoid, helping you to relax and get through this initial period.
Even though it’s not psychoactive, CBD isn’t a 100% harmless compound either, as it does have side effects when consumed in excess or alongside certain medications.
Terpenes for Anxiety: Stop Smoking Tobacco
Terpenes are aromatic molecules that, apart from providing aromas and flavors, also have many beneficial properties. Some terpenes can actually help fight anxiety such as Myrcene, Limonene, Caryophyllene or Linalool, making them an effective relaxant. Terpene profiles create interesting synergies that help cannabinoids like CBD to work properly.
If you’re thinking of quitting smoking and you want to try out vaping as a tool, using e-liquids with cannabis terpene profiles rich in the terpenes we just mentioned can be extremely helpful.
There are strains or cannabis terpene profiles that, thanks to their composition, produce relaxing effects, such as Holy Grail Kush, Truth or Blackberry Kush. These terpene profiles applied to e-liquids, as well as providing delicious flavours, also reduce stress and calm the body and mind.
E-Liquids for Reducing Stress and Anxiety – Tobacco Substitute
This is quite a personal question – some people prefer cannabis flavors and some people prefer for a more neutral flavor. Adding CBD to e-liquids to increase the calming effect can also be another personal preference. This is why we’ve created a range of products that adapts well to the needs of all consumers. Discover what vaping options you have and find the best one for you:
Fully Loaded: E-Liquid with Terpenes and CBD
If you want to increase the relaxing effect produced by CBD and terpenes, we recommend our terpenes and CBD e-liquids designed to produce relaxing and calming effects.
- CBD Relax E-Liquid Pack: comes with three CBD e-liquids with terpene profiles from the strains Holy Grail Kush, Lavender and Gorilla Glue.
- CBD Calm E-Liquid Pack: comes with three CBD e-liquids and terpene profiles from the delicious Girl Scout Cookies, Gelato, Cheese.
*You can also get these e-liquids separately.
Terpene Lover E-Liquid With Terpenes
If you would prefer to try the calming effects of terpenes without the effect of CBD in their vaping sessions, you can also try the e-liquid Packs with terpenes, Relax and Calm, which contain the same strains as the previous packs but without CBD.
Although cannabis flavors and aromas may be delicious to some, some consumers prefer a more neutral flavor in their e-liquids. If this is your case, you can use our CBD e-liquid base without terpenes (while keeping in mind that you’ll be creating a higher CBD tolerance faster due to the lack of terpenes.
As you can see, the benefits of quitting smoking are pretty amazing, and there are tools that you might never heard of that can help you on your journey.
So, what do you think? Do you think you’re ready this time? We’re here for you!
Until next time