At this time of year, we all feel like slowing down a bit and staying home warm, bundled up on the sofa with a blanket watching the leaves fall from the trees outside. Fall is one of the most beautiful times of year and it opens up a wide array of seasonal dishes such as sweet potato and mushrooms!
Cooking with Cannabis Flavors: Roast Sweet Potato with Mushrooms and Gorilla Glue Terpenes
Chef420Grados has unveiled another of their secrets, a recipe with seasonal products and added Gorilla Glue terpenes to give it that aromatic “punch” it needs, straight from the jungle. Again, this mixture of different aromas, flavors, textures and colors is an absolute delight for the senses. Don’t forget that the more senses your recipes entice, the more successful they’ll be.
In this recipe, as well as delighting the senses, you’ll find a high nutritional value, including seasonal ingredients:
- Sweet Potato: They contain a wide array of nutrients and vitamins, such as potassium, phosphorus, calcium and vitamins A, B and C – they’re also rich in fiber, antioxidants and carbohydrates.
- Milk cap mushrooms: they also contain a large amount of potassium, iron, vitamin B and carotenes, as well as containing smaller amounts of vitamin C, K, D, calcium and phosphorus.
- Chestnuts: They contain a lot of phosphorus, calcium, zinc, magnesium, iron and vitamins B1, B3, B6, folic acid and fiber.
- 2x Sweet Potato
- Mushrooms (milk caps if possible)
- Whipping cream
- Gorilla Glue Terpenes (we explain in the final tasting section that this strain was chosen due to the different aspects it provides, but you can experiment with any strain in our catalog!)
Roasted Sweet Potato with Terpenes, Step by Step
Follow these steps to create the following recipe:
1. Cook the Sweet Potato using one of two options
- Heat in the oven for 1h at 200°C, making sure to stab the potato to let moisture out.
- In the microwave for 8-10 minutes , also making sure to stab the potato.
- The best way to do this is to add the chestnuts in with the first stem (30 mins at 200°C).
2. Slice the sweet potato down the middle and cube it.
3. Fry the mushrooms in a pan and add a little bit of acidic cream (whipping cream + salt + pepper + lemon + 1-2 drops of terpenes, depending on the desired intensity.)
4. Plate the sweet potato and add chopped mushrooms and chestnuts.
The main idea behind this recipe is to increase the already characteristic aromas of these autumnal ingredients, as well as adding a series of complex aromas characteristic to the strain. This terpene profile adds resinous, deep earthy hints with a touch of sweet pine.
Main Terpenes in Gorilla Glue
What do you think of the recipe? Try it out and let us know what you think in the comments below – we’re sure you’ll get quite the surprise!